The language center BridgeBrazil is offering a scholarship for a member of the Queens College faculty or staff to study Portuguese for two weeks in Rio de Janeiro, before August 31, 2014. Whether you're a beginner or an expert in Portuguese, this will be an excellent opportunity to learn more about Brazil and see its most famous and beautiful city.
The successful scholarship recipient is expected to make a presentation in Brazil introducing Queens College; its mission; the recipient's role at the college, and the importance of studying a foreign language and traveling abroad in the scholarship recipient's life and work.
The scholarship includes:
- Two weeks of language instruction in Portuguese (before August 31, 2014, preferably avoiding mid-June through mid-July)
- Airport pickup and drop off
- Accommodations in a “home stay” in Rio, with a host family, and some meals
The scholarship recipient is responsible for the following:
- Round-trip International airfare
- Visa and any passport fee (for United States passport holders, visa fees are approximately $160)
- CUNY’s travel insurance, provided by CISI (approximately $18)
BridgeBrazil is a subsidiary of Bridge, a language, education and travel company that provides language instruction, teacher training, and professional development programs. BridgeBrazil is a private language center in Rio de Janeiro offering intensive Portuguese classes, TEFL (teaching English as a foreign language) certification and training, volunteer projects, and study abroad and service learning programs customized for university or high school groups.BridgeBrazilRua da Quitanda 191 / SL - CentroRio de Janeiro – CEP 20091-005 RJ+55- 21- 2220-8659http://www.bridgebrazil.com
About Rio de Janeiro
Rio de Janeiro is the second largest city in Brazil, on the South Atlantic coast. It is famous for its breathtaking landscape, its laid back beach culture, and its annual pre-Lenten carnival festivities.